The COVID-19 outbreak shows the symbol of how unpredictable and how fragile our lives can be in an unusual state of affairs. The pandemic has changed the way on how we live, work, and perform our day-to-day basic functions. As it continues to increase its grasp at its alarming rate, there are business disruptions, economic slowdown, travel obstructions, trade hindrances, and public seclusion occurs. Concerning the continuity of business, some companies around the world have switched to virtual or online modes of working.
How To Cope-Up With The Challenge?
While our health officials continue to control multiple outbreaks across the country, the corporate sector needs to step up and rise to the challenge. We can go beyond the traditional way of thinking and follow some basic guidelines to maintain motivation and connectivity.
Bring cultural shift in the mindset
It’s important to understand that this is a human crisis. Having a supportive and transparent tactic for employees is critical. This means that;
- Making a flexible method of working through giving the space to them agreeing to their convenience and schedules without controlling them to suggested work schedule. It can be a cause a negative effect on their productivity.
- Understand the challenges of remote working and help your people navigate through them. Support them while they cope with their work along with their personal life. Empower them also to not feel ashamed of their kids or family member interrupt them while working.
- Make sure that they have a healthy work-life balance. Help them find a place to work from home and promote a healthy work-life balance. This will let them devote a stipulated amount of time to their work, their family, and themselves to avoid the risk of burnout.
To stay connected, make use of digital platforms. As physical meetings are no longer promising or possible as of now, it’s important to connect the power of digital platforms. It will help with the continuity of operations even in remote conditions.
- Permitting proper access to technology by making sure that each of your employees has the required tech equipment in places such as laptops and a good internet connection.
- To enhance productivity and maintain motivation, you can use virtual platforms to have meetings and discussions. A digital platform such as Zoom is a big advantage in these times. It can help people feel connected and stay updated even while working from home.
Having a proper communication approach
Understand the significance of the responsibilities we have on each other. Effective communication is the key component while working remotely and it is also useful to have;
- Time to time updates and information which increases productivity and collaboration. It is essential to share regular updates and suggestions which can make the most of their time. With one being surrounded by lots of news and articles about the current situation, there is similarly a great chance for people to get sick psychologically. It might lead them to decreased productivity.
By following the needed precautions and bringing basic health measures at the workplace is imperative during present times. Everybody must make it a part of their strength towards protecting the safety and health of all. This pandemic is a challenging time for all of us.