Abiraterone Acetate (Zytiga) is used to give medication to men with prostate cancer that has already spread to other parts of the body. Prednisone is the other medicine that is used together with Zytiga to treat the following:
- CSPC or Metastatic high-risk castration-sensitive prostate cancer
- CRPC or Metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
Why use Abiraterone Acetate Tablets (Zytiga)?
Abiraterone Acetate Tablets contains Zytiga which belongs to the group of medicines called CYP17 inhibitors. It decreases the amount of testosterone in the body. This medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This is available here and you can buy Zytiga Tablets at its affordable price.
How does Abiraterone Acetate Tablets (Zytiga) work?
Abiraterone Acetate Tablets works in different ways than the other androgen deprivation therapies. This interferes with an enzyme that is expressed in;
- Prostatic tumour tissues
It is required as part of the body’s androgen making development. And because it interferes, the amount of androgens produced is lessened. This medication blocks androgen’s production at three sources;
- Adrenal glands
- The tumour itself
How to use Abiraterone Acetate Tablets (Zytiga)?
Abiraterone Acetate is a tablet form. This must be taken by mouth, as a whole. Take it once a day with an empty stomach 1 or 2 hours after a meal. The dosage of Abiraterone Acetate Tablets will depend on your medical condition, age, and weight. Follow your doctor’s prescription promptly.
What are the side-effects of Abiraterone Acetate Tablets (Zytiga)?
Here are some possible side-effects that may happen while you are taking this medicine:
- Increased triglycerides and liver enzymes
- Fluid retention
- Joint discomfort or swelling
- Decreased levels of potassium in your blood (hypokalemia)
- Swelling of the feet and hands
- Muscle aches
- Decreased levels of phosphorus in your blood (hypophosphatemia)
- Diarrhea, hot flashes, cough
- Urinary tract infections
If there are other side-effects that happened, call your doctor immediately.
Warnings and Precautions
The things that you need to be precautious with are the following:
- Inform your doctor about your medical history. And if you have any present medications.
- This should not be taken by women especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking Zytiga unless it is prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep this tablet at a clean place and away from the reach of children.
- Tell to your doctor if you have these conditions before taking this medicine:
-Liver and Heart problems
-History of adrenal and pituitary problems