Being infected with coronavirus disease could be hard especially there is no specific treatment as of now. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), for those with mild symptoms, there is no need to be hospitalized. Patients with mild symptoms and without underlying health conditions may be cared for at home.
What To Do If You Are Infected
1. If you are living with someone with a high risk for health complications, isolate yourself right away from different rooms or space. It could be hard for the family but it is the first way to prevent unwanted consequences.
2. If you have any symptoms or suspect you do, stay at home. Stay within your place. Monitor your condition and see if symptoms are getting worse or getting better. If you feel that your symptoms are getting worse, seek medical attention right away.
3. If you are taking any medications, make sure to have enough stocks for at least 30 days. Quarantine could extend up until 14 days or a month. Having enough medical supplies is a must.
4. Good hygiene must be practiced. Hand sanitizer must have on hand. You also wash your hands using soap and water to prevent the spread of the virus.
There is no antiviral treatment for COVID-19. The main way for you to feel better is to manage and help relieve symptoms. Although some drugs are being closely studied none of them has made it through the top. All you can do is drink lots of fluids, practice physical and social distancing, avoid close contact, and keep a positive mindset that things will get better eventually. During this time, it is vital to take care of your overall health especially your physical and mental health.
Supplements won’t be a cure for the coronavirus disease. However, they can help you boost your immune system. This will help your body fight any infections or viruses that you are exposed to. Some of the best supplements are;
- Vitamin C – helps remove lung fluid and prevent the neutrophil accumulation
- Vitamin D – a natural hormone and steroid in the body to help boost immune function
- Zinc – helps support immune cell proliferation
- Olive Leaf – aids in the management of fevers and enhances immune functioning
- Turmeric – helps with inflammation in the body
How Long To Expect From Feeling Better
The time you are in self-isolation or quarantine depends on your symptoms. Most infected people have covered within 7 to 14 days. In severe cases such as those at the hospital, recovery might be more than two months. After being isolated, you’ll be able to go out of your room. However, there are viral genetic materials that can still be detected several weeks after someone recovered from the coronavirus disease.
Being Immune After Having The Coronavirus
It is not known yet whether one can be immune from the virus after recovering from it. It is safe to say that you must listen to the local healthcare team for daily advisory even if you have already contracted coronavirus.