Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride) is used to treat depression. This may also be used to prevent seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It is a type of depression that occurs each year at the same time. Many experts believed that depression is caused by an imbalance among the amounts of neurotransmitters that are released. This medication can improve your mood and feelings of well-being.
How does Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride) work?
Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride) works by stopping the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine by the nerves after they have been released. It is an action that results in more serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine to transmit messages to other nerves. Forfivo XL is unique and not like the other antidepressants in that its major effect is on dopamine. It is an effect that is not shared by the related selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs
Why use Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride)?
Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride) is an antidepressant medication of the aminoketone class. It affects the chemical within the brain that nerves use to send messages to each other. Each film-coated tablet has the labelled amount of bupropion hydrochloride and is supplied for oral administration. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved this treatment.
How to use Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride)?
The dosage is based on your medical condition, response, and liver function. Forfivo XL is usually taken once a day in the morning by mouth. You may take this with or after a meal or snack if you have stomach upset. Use this regularly to get the most benefit from it. Take it at the same time each day or as directed by your doctor. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully.
What are the side-effects of Forfivo XL (Bupropion Hydrochloride)?
- Itching, cough, runny or stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Memory problems
- Drowsiness, nervousness, heart palpitations
- Joint pain
- Trouble swallowing
- Diarrhea, vomiting, constipation
- Hot flushes, chest pain, flushing
- Dry mouth, insomnia, sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Anxiety, agitation, tremor
Warnings and Precautions
- Before using this treatment, consult your doctor first if you are breastfeeding, pregnant or planning to get pregnant in the future.
- Let your doctor know if you have any medical history, current medications or allergies.
- Do not drive or use machinery. This medication may make you feel dizzy.
- Call for medical help right away if there’s an overdose or allergic reaction.
- Keep this away from the reach of children.