Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine) is used to help lessen the amount of HIV infection in the body. It helps the immune system to work better. This medication is not a cure for HIV. This will lower your chance of getting HIV complications such as:
- New infections
This medication is always used in combination with other HIV medicines. Taking Epzicom with other HIV medications will help you live longer and healthier lives.
Why use Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine)?
Epzicom contains Abacavir and Lamivudine as an active ingredient. This is used for adults and children whose weight is at least 25kg to treat HIV infection. This medication is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine) work?
The combined active ingredients of this tablet are both called nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI). It works by blocking the HIV enzymes called reverse transcriptase. By blocking the reverse transcriptase, the two ingredients will prevent the HIV from multiplying. It will also lessen the amount of HIV in the body. Epzicom will also help you to reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
How to use Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine)?
This medication is taken by mouth with or without food. This is usually taken once a day. If your doctor gave you an instruction, follow it promptly. Do not change your dosing schedule or dose without the advice of your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine)?
Epzicom (Abacavir-Lamivudine) may cause some unwanted side-effects such as:
- Rash and fever
- Nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting
- Stomach pain, shortness of breath and cough
- A sore throat and general ill feeling
- Extreme tiredness
- Body pain
Tell to your doctor immediately if you have these serious side-effects:
- Mental or mood changes (depression or anxiety)
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Signs of Anemia (pale skin, fast heartbeat or fast breathing)
If these side effects persist or worsen, seek for medical attention right away.
Warnings and Precautions
The following are the things that you need to be precautious with while taking this medication:
- Tell to your doctor if you have any medical history or any other medical conditions.
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same situation as yours.
- Do not use if the original seal is broken or missing.
- Keep Epzicom and all your medicines away from the reach of children.