Dynacirc (Isradipine) is indicated for the treatment of high blood pressure. It is also known as hypertension. Lowering high blood pressure may help prevent stroke, heart attacks, or kidney problems. Hypertension risk factors include drinking too much alcohol, obesity, smoking, and family history.
How does Dynacirc (Isradipine) work?
Dynacirc (Isradipine) binds directly to inactive calcium channels stabilizing their inactive conformation. Inactive channels are more prevalent in smooth muscle cells. It is an arterial smooth muscle depolarizations are extended in period than cardiac muscle depolarizations. Different merging of the alpha-1 subunit of the channel gives this drug additional arterial selectivity. At helpful sub-toxic absorptions, this drug has a little effect on conduction cells and cardiac myocytes. That it relaxes blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Why use Dynacirc (Isradipine)?
Dynacirc contains an active ingredient of Isradipine. It belongs to the class of calcium channel blocker. This medicine is supplied as capsules for oral use. It is available in the strengths of 2.5 mg and 5 mg. This was already approved U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How to use Dynacirc (Isradipine)?
Dynacirc (Isradipine) is usually taken twice a day. It is to be taken by mouth with a full glass of water. You may take it with or without food. Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
The dosage is based on your condition and response. Remember to take it at the same time every day. Do not increase the dose without consulting your doctor. If you vomit after taking a dose, do not take another dose. Call your doctor right away.
What are the side-effects of Dynacirc (Isradipine)?
Common side effects:
- Stomach upset
- Skin rash or itching
- Redness, warmth, or tingly feeling under your skin
- Tired feeling
Call your doctor right away if you have these:
- Chest pain
- Swelling of your hands and feet
- Feeling like you might pass out
If you have any signs of an allergic reaction, let your doctor know right away:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your lips, tongue, face, or throat
Warnings and Precautions
- Let your doctor if you have any medical history or current medications/treatments.
- This drug may not be recommended for pregnant women. If you are breastfeeding women, talk to your doctor first. Discuss the risk and benefits of this drug.
- You should not share this with others with the same condition as yours. Let them consult their doctor for a prescription.
- Keep this drug at room temperature away from moisture and heat.