Amerge (Naratriptan) is used for the treatment of migraines. This helps to relieve pain, headaches, and other symptoms of migraines like:
- Sensitivity to light or sound
Prompt treatment will allow you to get back to your normal routine. It may also decrease your need for other pain medications.
How do Amerge (Naratriptan) Tablets work?
Amerge (Naratriptan) works by:
- tightening blood vessels around the brain
- preventing pain signals from being sent to the brain
- stopping the release of certain natural substances that cause nausea, pain, and other symptoms of migraine
This medication does not prevent migraine attacks or lessen the number of headaches you have.
Why use Amerge (Naratriptan) Tablets?
Amerge tablets contain Naratriptan which belongs to a class of medications called selective serotonin receptor agonists. Each tablet for oral administration contains an equivalent of 1 or 2.5mg of Naratriptan. It is a headache medicine that narrows blood vessels around the brain. Headaches are thought to be caused by a widening of the blood vessels in the head. This treatment is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How to use Amerge (Naratriptan) Tablets?
The recommended dosage for this treatment will depend on your condition and response. At the first sign of a migraine, take one tablet by mouth. You may take it with or without a meal. If your headache comes back, you may take a second dose after 4 hours. Do not take more than 5 milligrams in a 24-hour period. If there is no development in your symptoms, stop taking doses of this medicine. If you are using this for migraine attacks on 10 or more days each month it may actually make your headaches worse. Follow your doctor’s prescription promptly.
What are the side-effects of Amerge (Naratriptan) Tablets?
- Feeling tired or weak
- Tingling or numbness
- Tightness or pain in your jaw, throat or neck
- Flushing (redness, warmth)
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
If these continue or persist, call your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Before using this treatment, inform your doctor if you are allergic to it.
- Consult first your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Do not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Keep this away from the heat and the reach of children.