Achromycin V (Tetracycline) is used to treat a wide variety of infections like acne. This is an antibiotic medicine that stops the development of the bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infection and this will not work on viral infections. This can be used in combination with anti-ulcer medications.
Why use Achromycin V (Tetracycline)?
Achromycin V (Tetracycline) is odourless, yellow, and a crystalline powder. This is stable in air, but exposure to strong sunlight causes it to darken. This medicine is a short-acting antibiotic that prevents the bacterial development by inhibiting translation. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved this medication. You can buy this here at its very affordable price.
How does Achromycin V (Tetracycline) work?
Achromycin V (Tetracycline) passively diffuses through porin channels in the bacterial membrane. It reversibly binds to the 30s ribosomal subunit. It prevents the binding of tRNA to the mRNA-ribosome complex. And thus, it interferes with protein synthesis.
How to use Achromycin V (Tetracycline)?
The recommended dosage for this medication depends on your medical condition. Take this an hour before or 2 hours after meals. This works best when taken on an empty stomach. Take each dose with a full glass of water. Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this medication. And do not take this right before bedtime.
What are the side-effects of Achromycin V (Tetracycline)?
- Discoloration of teeth and enemal hypoplasia (young children)
- Stomach upset
- Sore throat
- Black hairy tongue
- Trouble swallowing
Less common side-effects:
- Exfoliative dermatitis
- Abdominal cramps
- Increased intracranial pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Pigmentation of nails
- Muscle pain
- Sunburn or sun sensitivity
- Unusual fatigue
- Hearing changes (decreased hearing, ringing in the ear)
- Dark urine
- Yellowing eyes or skin
- Changes in the amount of urine
If these persist or worsen, call for medical attention right away.
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not take this medication if you are allergic to it or to any containing ingredients in this drug.
- Consult your doctor first if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
- Do not share this to anyone who has the same conditions as yours.
- Do not use this in any other treatment.
- Do not receive any immunization or vaccinations while you are using this medication.
- This may make you more sensitive to the sun. Do not stay too long under the heat of the sun.
- This should not be used in children younger than 8 years old.