Abelcet 100 mg is a sterile, pyrogen-free suspension for intravenous infusion. This is used for the treatment of serious fungal infections. This medication is frequently used in patients who cannot endure or who do not react to the ordered amphotericin treatment.
Why use Abelcet (Amphotericin B Lipid Complex Injection) 100 mg?
Abelcet 100 mg contains Amphotericin B. It is used for the treatment of possibly serious fungal infections. It is for those people who did not react or are unable to tolerate conventional amphotericin B therapy. Amphotericin belongs to the group of medications called systemic fungal infections. This medication has already been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
How does Abelcet (Amphotericin B Lipid Complex Injection) 100 mg work?
Abelcet 100 mg works by slowing the development of fungi that cause infection. It also helps the body to overcome serious fungal infections. It happens by stopping it in spreading or moreover killing the fungus. Its active ingredient may be fungicidal or fungistatic. It depends on its focus and fungal susceptibility. It probably causes the subsequent membrane to be damaged by binding to ergosterol in the fungal cell membrane. As a result, the cell contents outflow from the fungal cell and cell death happen.
How to use Abelcet (Amphotericin B Lipid Complex Injection) 100 mg?
The recommended dosage of this medication depends age and weight. It also depends on your medical condition. This medication is usually given once a day. It should be injected slowly into a vein. Use this medication at the same time each day. Follow your doctor’s instruction promptly.
What are the side-effects of Abelcet (Amphotericin B Lipid Complex Injection) 100 mg?
Tell your doctor if you have experienced any of these side-effects:
- Fast heart rate, tremor, and headache
- Bruising or bleeding more easily than normal
- Difficulty in breathing, asthma, and shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Faintness, wheezing or troubled breathing
- An itchy skin rash or hives
- Swelling of the lips, tongue or face which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing
Warnings and Precautions
- Do not share this medication with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- Tell to your doctor if you have ever had kidney disease.
- Ask for your doctor’s instructions if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Before using this treatment, tell your doctor about your medical history.
- Keep this away from the heat and away from the reach of children.