Fanapt (Iloperidone) is indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia. It is a chronic and severe mental disorder. It affects how a person feels, thinks, and behaves. People with this condition may seem like they have lost touch with reality.
This medication will help you think more clearly and feel less nervous. This will also help you take part in your everyday life. It may lessen your hallucinations like hearing or seeing things that are not there.
How does Fanapt (Iloperidone) work?
Fanapt (Iloperidone) works in the brain to treat schizophrenia. It helps to restore the balance of certain natural substances in the brain. It rebalances serotonin and dopamine to improve mood, thinking, and behavior.
The full effect of this medication may take up until you are already taking your full dose.
Why use Fanapt (Iloperidone)?
Fanapt (Iloperidone) is a psychiatric medication. It belongs to the class of drugs known as antipsychotics. This drug has Iloperidone as an active ingredient. It is a white to off-white fine crystalline powder. It is practically insoluble in water and freely soluble in ethanol and methanol. This comes as a tablet for oral use. Each round and uncoated tablets has a strength of 1 mg, 2 mg, 4 mg, 6 mg, 8 mg, 10mg, and 12 mg. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already approved this medication.
How to use Fanapt (Iloperidone)?
This prescription is to be taken by mouth as directed by your doctor. You may take it with or without food. It is usually taken twice a day. The dosage is based on your response and condition.
Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. Remember to take it at the same time each day. Your doctor may direct you to start this at a low dose. Do not increase the dose without the prescription of your doctor.
What are the side-effects of Fanapt (Iloperidone)?
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Stuffy nose
- Changes in menstrual periods
- Breast swelling or discharge
Warnings and Precautions
- Tell your doctor if you have any allergies before taking this drug.
- Let your doctor about the medical history that you had. Tell also if you have any current medications or treatments.
- Do not use this past the expiration date.
- You should not share this with others who have the same symptoms as yours.
- This may not be recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Talk with your doctor the risks and benefits of this prescription.
- Keep this at a dry and clean place.